The ABSOLUTE is a commercial gym workout program.. With the exception of five training sessions in Week 1, you will train 4 days/week for a total of 17 training sessions. Monday and Tuesday of Week 1 will be used to find your 3RM for each lift, then Wednesday through Friday will be the first progression. For Weeks 2-4, Friday, Saturday and Sunday are rest days.
These are the base exercises within this program:
- Hang Clean – Simple Olympic movement.
- Push Press – Builds power transfer between the lower and upper body and overloads the shoulders to build strength.
- Back Squat – One of the fundamental lifts to build strength.
- Dumbbell Walking Lunge – A solid way to develop more strength and stability using one leg.
- Bench Press – the measure of upper body strength.
- During the Lower/Total Body ABSOLUTE training sessions, you will do 8 sets of 3 reps of Back Squat and Dumbbell Walking Lunge, and the Hang Clean it is 9 sets of 2 reps.
- During the Upper Body ABSOLUTE training sessions, you will do 8 sets of 3 reps of the Push Press and Bench Press.
As always complete the training sessions in order.
The loading parameters: leave 2 reps in the tank. Prescribed 3 reps load should be where you could get 5 reps, no more.
Finally, the training plan also includes 2x/week work capacity training build around sprinting. You’ll do 10 minutes of sprinting on Tuesdays and Thursdays using a 300m shuttle sprint progression.
- A 20-25# weight vest will be needed for the guys. Be creative if necessary.
- An interval stop watch timer for the shuttles.
- How long should the training sessions take?
- 70 minutes.
What if I can’t keep up the Monday to Thursday Training Schedule?
If for any reason you cannot keep this Monday-Thursday training schedule, do not skip a training session. Rather, complete all the training sessions in succession. Whatever the schedule, always take three days a week, ideally together, as total rest.
Uncertain with Olympic Lifts?
- You need some familiarity with the Hang Clean to work through this program. Keep it lighter if
What about unfamiliar exercises?